Thursday, May 21, 2009

"Oh there's nothing halfway...

...about the Iowa way to treat you, when we treat you, which we may not do at all."
So I'm here. Like, in Iowa. Like, on PRIME. I guess I never really explained what exactly that is; it's a 6 and a half month internship required by my major where I get hands on experience and learn from a mentor. I'm at New Covenant Bible Church in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, focusing on the senior high, but I'll get some experinece with the middle school and the children's ministry as well. The staff is amazing, I'm very excited to be here. I think this will be a good fit.
So yesterday was my first day of work. Ten hours, and maybe 3 of them actually felt like work... :) The grad roast was last night, basically it was a way to honor the senior class and celebrate their time in the group. I spent a lot of the day helping the juniors decorate the gym for the 50's party, it was a good time. The upcoming senior class will be great, I'm very excited to get to know them. :)
So yes. My journey has started here in Iowa. I'm glad you're all along for the ride.
Prayers welcome, and much appreciated.
Love and blessings,
Amanda, A-Pants, Apples, Apple Pie, or whatever you choose to call me. :)

5 comments:

  1. It is crazy you're on PRIME... and that you're meeting people and learning... I'm so excited for you :)
    I've been making a couple friends already!! Its funny - I'm not even there, but I've been talking for hours to a guy there (just as friends I promise) but he's been giving me tips, and passing along the meaning of some phrases... its been so fun! We talked about Tea today! haha! I love you friend, and I know PRIME will be soo good. Prayers for you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're in Iowa? Wow. How exciting.
    Keep updating! I'll be reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You forgot Manda-Panda

    ReplyDelete
  4. You forgot to add Swan Princess!! I feel like that is almost the most important nickname you have. Love you and miss you. Sounds like a great opportunity! -Water Melman
    PS... one of my strengths was input too! Yay for collecting junk.. i mean things that are useful later in life, maybe :)

    ReplyDelete